Monday, February 22, 2010

Never trust a pirate.

So, at the beginning of 2010, I came to a major realization.

In my culture, it is common people to marry young (well younger) and after seeing some end badly, or rude comments made, I came up with the:

KELSIE'S GET OUT OF JAIL FREE PLAN.

Okay I didn't really call it that but it fits the general idea. One moment though, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me start at the very start.


Last Spring Break, me and 3 of my friends went to Hawaii. I had been feeling wishy washy about the whole thing for a few months before for a few reasons. First of all, it's HAWAII. But 11 days could get to be a lot, I would be missing a lot of school, Easter, and my cousin's farewell. But then again, it's HAWAII.

Okay, back to the point. Obviously as I said before, I decided to go. I love, love, loved it. I loved the laid back atmosphere and the beach, and the sun and I was tan. It was my third time to the Hawaiian Islands, but the other two don't count because of my extremely young age. In other words, I don't remember anything about it :)


So you know on the movies, where they say (for example) if we're not married by 35 (or whatever) let's marry each other. Right?

This got me thinking. And I made a decision. My mother, didn't like the sound of it and thought I went a little overboard, but what can I say? It made me excited!


Are you dying to hear the decision yet? Okay here goes.

"If I (kelsie) Am Not Married By the Age of 24, and I am a RN, I Will Move to Hawaii."


Whew! It's dramatic I know. Originally I was thinking age 27, but Christmas Break changed that. Also it gives me incentive to work that much harder in school to get into a nursing program, so if it comes to that, I have a Plan B. Plus, I have a strange obsession with coconut. Coconut soap. Coconut Scentsys. Pina Colada gum. And the most important: COCONUT M&M'S.


What's not to love about Hawaii? Seriously? Beach. Sun. Chocolate Dream Cake. Palm trees. Ocean. Tan. Flip flops. Coconuts! Pineapples. Shorts. Warmth. (okay well, all the speed limits feel like 5 mph. And the whole "white christmas" thing.)


"Put the lime in the coconut, mix 'em both together. Put the lime in the coconut and you feel better. Put the lime in the coconut, drink it all up. Put the lime in the coconut, and call me in the morning. <3"


Well, that is my input on the blog-o-sphere for now. Any comments are welcome :)
Aloha

ps. boo snow and coldness
pss. yay sun and summer in 3ish months!

No comments:

Post a Comment